Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Marinated Bocconcini

On Saturday I went to my friend Shelly's bridal shower and brought a plate of hors d'oeuvres , marinated bocconcini. I got the recipe from Martha, http://www.marthastewart.com/332743/marinated-bocconcini, and I almost followed the recipe exactly. I mixed fresh cut rosemary, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt, and mini mozzarella balls (I left out the lemon zest because I didn't have any and didn't feel like going and getting it). I let them sit in the fridge for two days and then the day of the party I put them on skewers with a basil leaf and a cherry tomato.

They were very impressive looking, but incredibly easy to make. I'm glad they were a big hit, but I almost felt guilty because I'm not the one that was impressive, it was the recipe. That's actually the key to most things I make, if I have a good recipe to go off of, even if I change it, it'll be great. I never make anything that doesn't look or sound great and unless something goes wrong it turns out that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment