Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pasta with Cream Sauce


It's been a long time since I've written so I have a bunch of things to write about.

About a week ago I made pasta for dinner with asparagus and cream sauce. I've tried to make this before just by using cheese and melting it with the cooked pasta and making it creamy with cream cheese or something else I had in the fridge, but it was pretty bland.

This time I made a bechamel as a base for the sauce. I used the recipe from my Julia Child cookbook. You start by melting butter in a saucepan and mix in flour and cook it just a minute to get rid of the raw flavor. Then you mix in warm milk. I added blue cheese to then make it a mornay sauce. It could have used some herbs but I thought it would be good enough and I couldn't decide what herbs to use.

I mixed the sauce with asparagus roasted with garlic, salt, and pepper. I like it with a little bit of black on it. Overall the pasta was good, but with a little bit of Chalula it was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment